Cloud Operations Engineer position open at Wizmo, Inc. in Eagan, MN.
Working at Wizmo is about making the impossible possible. It’s about being creative and dedicated: building world class environments for our Partners. As a Wizmo Team Member, you’ll be part of the engine that makes it happen. Wizmo specializes in building private cloud environments for our software vendor partners. These private cloud environments are highly scalable, with some hosting 1000's of end-users each day. While some of our partners applications are web-based, the majority are traditional Windows-based applications and, as such, we use Microsoft RDP to host these software packages securely and efficiently.
Wizmo is a privately held corporation headquartered in Eagan MN. We’re pioneers in the cloud-hosting industry, and we’ve accumulated nearly two decades of first-hand SaaS knowledge and insight to share with our Partners.
We are looking for the best candidate and will consider applicants who want a flexible work arrangement. That could mean working from home, working from our office or a combination of both. We are currently working remote based on guidance from our State.
|Title||Cloud Operations Engineer|
|Reports To||Director of Operations|
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and improvements to our Partner private cloud environments. Activities include hardware installation, research and development, resolving escalations from our tech support team as well as assisting in planning, analysis development and implementation of new Partner private cloud environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, though other duties may be assigned:
- Build and maintain large-scale Microsoft Remote Desktop and web delivery environments.
- Work closely with our tech support, project management and development teams to deliver reliable, well-documented and secure private cloud environments for our Partners.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain Operations processes. Make recommendations and implement process changes to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Maintain and manage TCP/IP networks including firewalls and network security.
- Participate in On-Call/Maintenance rotation.
- Five years hands on experience in network/data center administration and maintaining a large-scale production environment; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills.
- Strong skill set in System Automation, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Microsoft SQL, PowerShell, Firewalls, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Hyper-V, IT/Network Security and Systems Integration.
- A proven track record contributing to successful team projects.
- Experience working with remotely managed systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Put customers first?
- React with lightning speed & apply ad-hoc problem solving skills?
- Adhere to project specifications and timelines?
- Manage current processes with ease?
- Develop/create innovative repeatable processes?
- Work cooperatively with various internal and external resources?
- Work independently to understand and apply ever changing technologies?
- Be reliable, respectful and responsive to internal & external customers?
WE OFFER ...
- Daily learning opportunities!
- Room to grow and excel in a small and nimble company where your contributions are visible!
- Flexible schedules!
- Fun teams to work with!
- Wages you’ll like!
- Benefits you’ll love (Heath, Dental, PTO, Holidays, 401K plan, STD, LTD)!
- Pinball, Foosball, Air Hockey, and a Chess Boardl!
- Potlucks, costume contests!
- Casual dress code!
- Free parking!
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: careers @ wizmo.com